Monday, June 9, 2014

BREAKFAST AT...LEGENDARY DOUGHNUTS!



hello lovelies!

this will be my only post until Friday as vacation season has officially begun at the clinic. 

we are a "man down" in my area which means early to work!

( i hope to catch up with my visits and comments between now and Friday morning. )


Mr D has big projects going on at work, and i have big projects here at home, so we

were up before the sun on Saturday. 

 (you all know that i am in major purge mode.)


Saturday's purge...EIGHT BAGS FULL!
( my fitbit read almost three miles!)

after Mr D's OT,  my purge and the Belmont, it was time rush on over to sit with "the Grands"

while Mommy and Daddy went to a dinner party given by one of Chrislyn's sorority sisters, 

way up north, in Mount Vernon. 


when we sit...there is always Haggan Daz or Ben and Jerry's mini's to share for dessert.

after dessert, and two hours of intense back yard play time, the kiddos were bathed and

shampooed from head to toe with this really cool kiddo safe lavender soap that Chrislyn has on hand.

they happily snuggled into their beds and fell sound to sleep in a matter of minutes! after the kids turned in, 

Mr D headed home, and i stayed until Mommy and Daddy arrived home after midnight.

needless to say, we slept like logs.  

Early Sunday morning, we filled our commuter mugs and headed over to 6th avenue to


Legendary Doughnuts. Mr D had a groupon that was due to be cashed in.


i know...you must be thinking...

sugar,

sugar,

and more sugar!


Chrislyn feeds them healthy so they can have treats now and then.


it's been over a year since the last time we delivered doughnuts

as big as their heads! 

 ( no!...he was not allowed to eat the whole thing!)

and ...oui!


...j'ai dit non à pain français!
( i said no to french bread!)

have a great week!

withLove!

16 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I want a donut as big as my head...just once. LOL. What fun watching those sweetie pies. Get as much rest as possible. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like you had fun + love the images. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it bad my mouth watered?? Thanks for sharing your adventures!!! :) xo
    -Paperyrain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, MAN!! Those doughnuts look so good and I LOVE the one as big as your loved one's head!! WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH LÀ LÀ, ces beignets sont dangereux! Mais le pain français? Il faut le manger, tartiné de beurre!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, wow, do those doughnuts look good...especially the first one! It sounds like the perfect weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I have never seen a doughnut that big. Looks like the kids were having a pretty good time. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh goodness Lynne! I need to find this place! Donuts are a favorite splurge of mine and these look delicious!! xxL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a busy week to me. Love the picture of the Papa with the Princess! I haven't had a donut in forever! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  11. YUMMMMMM...would love to have some Legendary goodies, including pain français.

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, these look amazing! I just went to a cupcake shop, and I kid you not, they had the most amazing cupcakes I've ever tasted. My husband is now a cupcake lover and never was before after tasting these cupcakes.

    This picture cracks me up of your grandson and the BIG doughnut! It sounds like Legendary Doughnuts is a perfect name for these scrumptious treats.

    EIGHT bags full - way to go, Lynne!

    love,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  13. Busy bee, that photo of boy and doughnut cracked me up. It's as big as he is.
    This is one thing I can't give up. yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sweet Lynne!
    We are having a rain day today and since I finished stripping a section of my entry wall, I thought I would sneak out into blogland to see what's been happening!
    Your grandbabies sure are growing and quite the cutie patooties!
    I too have been in serious purge mode this Summer! I can't say I've done as well as your though! 8 bags in one day is pretty amazing!
    As for the doughnuts... they look amazing! I think I might need such a treat this weekend...it's been a doozy of a week and....what the heck right?
    Hugs and much love to you
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those donuts look amazing. I've heard of them but never made it there the times I have been up in your area… maybe next time. The grands are so cute… and Häagen-Dazs with grandpa made them happy i'm sure. Hope your busy week is going well…
    XOXO Mary

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are all just so adorable and fun. You are living the life Lynne and I love taking a peak.
    xx, Heather

    ReplyDelete