Friday, June 20, 2014

FRENCH BREAD ON FRIDAY...


helloooooo FBoF!

helloooooo lovelies!

just look what i found...

handcrafted...lavender...gin 

just in time for an occasional Summer sip!

                                                                          
:: ici ::
  

we happened to be in Total Wine & Spirits

on Mother's Day weekend... (my mama loves Chardonnay and Reisling.)

my Mr D always selects a special bottle  for

her on Mother's Day and her Birthday.)

the sampling room was filled with local boutique vintners 

and distillers with suitable spirits for "Moms".

to be honest...i wasn't in the mood to sample until i spied this beautiful bottle.


Lavender gin?


hmmmm... could this be calling my name!

i will occasionally sip a gin and tonic on a hot Summer night...usually when we are out for 

dinner on a deck somewhere. we have never kept gin in our house until...now.

i sampled the Amethyst.

Mr D thought that he hated gin...until he sipped the Amethyst.


:: ici ::


it's handcrafted on a beautiful Lavender farm in Ellensburg, Washington.  

(of course...i asked about the Lavender farm.)

yes, the distiller's wife sells Lavender plants!


:: ici ::


i told Mr D that we need to take a drive over the Cascades to visit!  

when we do!

i will share!

i have yet to open the bottle!

i am saving it for July 4th, when i plan to pour a little...

RED, WHITE AND LAVENDER


1½ oz Amethyst Lavender Gin
1 oz Lemon Juice
½ oz Simple Syrup
4 Raspberries
Club Soda
                
Muddle raspberries in lemon juice. Add all remaining ingredients into cocktail shaker with ice. Shake until cold. Fine strain cocktail over fresh ice in a Collins glass. Garnish with a Raspberry!

...more recipes here


:: ici ::


i have a little something else to share.

recently a small boutique approached me to design a line of Lavender sachets, pillows 

and "gifteees".  the buyer said that she would reserve "open to buy" for me!

i am over the moon...but also a little nervous.

the buyer's request is just the push i needed to fulfill a little dream that i have been carrying around for years.




(my...Lavender dreams are growing!)

(i know...i am just showing you dirt!)

Mr D recently roto-"tilled" a space for a new cutting garden, next to the blueberry bushes!

i have chosen to fill it with Lavender!  




who knows where this little passion will lead me next?


i might need to take a little blog break...

that doesn't mean that i won't be popping in and keeping up with all of you!

the house needs a thorough "run through" and the guest room now needs my strict attention.




 the "best man" and  Camille,

(elle est belle comme son beau nom français), will arrive for Ty and

Anna's rehearsal and dinner on July 3rd!

i will pop on the blog "for a sec", next Saturday, and share what i found to wear to 

Miss Holland Grace's third birthday party where she is planning to be a mermaid!


" Holland's invite!"


















she's pretty excited, and always animated!  (dear God, i love that face!)

have the best weekend!

c'est l'été! 

célébrer!

withLove!



10 comments:

  1. Always so happy to get a glimpse into your beautiful, love filled life!

    xoxo
    Tamera

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your posts always make me smile! Have a beautiful weekend, Lynne! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is that little face at the end??? Your kids pics are so good. I could roll in lavender ,wear it , but I have yet to taste anything with it that was good. Well that's just me I am sure...but say GIN, that might taste better than butter. Blessings xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful weekend, my friend. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. I happen to LOVE gin…. will have to locate a bottle of this lovely gin that you found. I'm sure that Holland's birthday will be a blast for her and all who love her, she's adorable. Congratulations Lynne, on the new creative business venture, very fun and exciting! Happy Weekend…
    XOXOMary

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a winning smile for such a small child.
    Absolutely adorable.

    Lavender is my all time favorite scent ever.
    I love the smell of lotion.
    Funny story on a trip from Florida back to Seattle I carried my
    favorite Teddy Bear (he's stuffed with lavender) so what if I was 50! lol
    Now Gin I might have to try that out too.
    Sending well wishes on your Lavender endeavor.
    Linda C Seattle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, so excited for you! Lavender designer for a boutique... I cannot wait to see what you design...sure hope you show us everything, and tell us how to buy.

    bon chance!

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bonjour ma belle! You do need a little blog break; I have taken one by just posting once a month, but I LOVE to visit everyone else! LAVENDER GIN? HELLO? Have you ever been to the Southwest of France? When I was there, I tasted PEACH WINE. Woman, it was the best. How about lavender ice cream? In Nice, you can find every flavor you want.

    ENJOY! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely Lynne and lavender! Your new adventure sounds so exciting. I can't wait to see more. You have such style and panache it will be a wonderful pairing. Your new signature cocktail sounds like the perfect summer sip. Happy Summer Lynne!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lynne's Lavenders!! Great name, maybe? Excited for your new adventure. Love the Lavender Gin, will have to find some for the long summer nights. I have always loved lavender. Just bought some for the house, wonderful relaxing scent!
    Hugs,
    Jody

    ReplyDelete