Friday, June 13, 2014

FRENCH BREAD on FRIDAY !

heureux vendredi, beautés!


about three weeks ago i received a phone call from my Dad...


"hi, honey!"  

"are you going to be home?"

"i was getting some printing done at Office Max, and i saw

something that reminded me of you!"

"i would like to drop it by."

i said, "sure Dad, come on over!"


about 20 minutes passed when i heard a knock at our door!

there stood my Dad with a big smile...

...holding  la Tour Eiffel  in his left hand.


"look!"

"isn't it cool?"

" i figured you might like it for your blog!"


i hugged him and said...


" OMGoodness, Dad!"

"i LOVE it!"

"it's so ARCHITECTURAL - INDUSTRIAL CHIC, just like the tower itself!"

"it will always remind me of the day that we stood at the top of the tower together!"



i found the perfect place(s) to plant my tower!

in the kitchen...

...and on the sidebar!



( i am quite often barefoot (in Paris) in the kitchen and always barefoot (in France) when i blog.)
( i am thinking i may need to paint my toes Le Creuset red this Summer! )


at my age, i am so lucky and grateful to receive a phone call or 

a "visite impromptue" from my Dad.



i wish a blessed Sunday to all of our Dads here on Earth 
and those Dad's that watch over us from Heaven!


merci, Papa!


withLove!

14 comments:

  1. what a sweet dad + the tower is beautiful + happy father's day to all you father's out there. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lynne, How very sweet of your father...to think of with a cute little gift.. Things like that just mean so much...just to be thought about. Hug your father for me, for I sure do miss my own. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! Happy Father's Day to your Dad. You are blessed to have him. I think red toenails sound perfect!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet… and yes Lynne, you are so lucky to have your father still with you. Have a lovely weekend… Happy Father's Day to all the Father's in your life!
    XOXO Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful treat for you! Hugs to you both! Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful gift from your father! Very thoughtful! Happy Father's Day to your dad! Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mon papa aurait fait la même chose s'il était vivant. Oh Lynne, que toi et ta famille fêtiez ce dimanche! BISOUS, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Papa sounds like a sweetheart!
    Happy Father's Day to the men in your little family,

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is something you will treasure for all time.
    Bless your kind thoughtful father.

    Linda C In Seattle

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a perfectly sweet girl from a perfectly sweet father! Have a wonderful weekend, Lynne!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so sweet:) I love that he was just thinking about you while doing a little shopping. It's these types of spontaneous events that are the most memorable. You have found the perfect spot for it! Enjoy your weekend. xxleslie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lynne this is so touching. What a gift to have your dad to celebrate. This is a darling story and it warmed my heart. He's a thoughtful man! Thanks for sharing!
    xx, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw, what a lovely story and a thoughtful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lynne, this brought a tear to my eye because I don't have my dad with me any more, and I think it's so touching that your dad thought that you might like this Eiffel tower for your blog. Another reason why it touched me is because I have one just like it and I was going to give it to Nel or Jess, but now I'm going to keep it and think about your dad every time I look at it. It's a perfect gift, and you are so lucky to still have your dad with you.

    love,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete