Monday, June 30, 2014

MONDAY... just airing a little LAUNDRY!

...oh how i wish i could get my hands on 
a well loved French laundry basket!

jux·ta·dream...




one of the biggest things that i have missed about not having

a deck for a year has been not being able to air our laundry.

jux·ta·summer ritual...

( i know it's not proper in some communities to air one's washing...




...but there is something special about pretty things drifting and drying?)

jux·ta·romantic...




jux·ta·pin...
(the first Pinterest?)




 a balcony of beauty and balance for the resourceful...

 jux·ta·pose...
\ˈjək-stə-ˌpōz\
to place ( different things) together in order to create an
interesting effect or to show how they are the same or different.






...a welcome banner!

 jux·ta·rainbow...




summer laundry décoration du jour!


 jux·ta·party parfait!

***


the laundry i share next are words of laundry love.


at my physical, last February, my primary care Dr Anna asked me...

"Lynne, when was the last time you saw your eye doctor?"

(ooops!   i was about six months past due on my annual eye exam.)

i promptly made an appointment.

Dr J said, "Lynne, have you noticed headaches on your brow line... pressure?"

"yes..."

"i'm at the computer all day at work...and i blog!"

(i just thought it was severe eye strain.)

like most changes in health, you adapt and may not notice at first.

...narrow angle glaucoma?

really?

...no family history.

gheeeesch!



caught early, lovelies!


over the past three months, i received the necessary treatments.

first with drops, then followed by a minor laser procedure on both eyes. 

my last laser treatment was ten days ago.

i cut my home computer time in half during this time. 

(that's why my comments after visits have been limited of late.)

the difference is amazing!  

the brow line headaches are gone.

the pressure and sensation of eye strain is behind me. 

please, please, please...see your ophthalmologist once a year!

(especially after age 50.)


wear those shades!


eye shading lovelies, eyes shading!


jux·ta·little reminder!




it's not what you look at that matters;
it's what you see!
~Henry David Thoreau

withLove!

8 comments:

  1. Oh how you have inspired me today for photos of laundry...there's nothing like seeing colorful clothing dancing in the wind from a balcony. But you've also piqued my interest about some sharp eye pains that I get once in a while. The pressure? Not sure if I've had that.....but I guess it's time to go get checked! So what is the next step for you? Surgery??????

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing like the smell of laundry dried in the breeze. Beautiful pictures. So glad your eye problem was caught early. Have a wonderful weekend! B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the smell of laundry dried outside. And I love all of these beautiful photos!

    I am happy to hear the eye problem is fixed! I have missed seeing you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lynne, I am so happy you are feeling better! I love these photos! Have a fabulous week, my dear! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you are feeling better Lynne! Those little drops can also give you long, lush lashes from what I hear. I do see my ophthalmologist regularly with some family history of macular degeneration. Your post is pretty...it almost makes me want to get out the laundry basket. ;)
    xx, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I like that quote Dear, thanks for sharing.
    But seriously, I am happy you identified the problem and found a remedy. Eyes are so important!
    God bless (and since you are cutting off computer time. Happy Fourth!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely post with beautiful photos! Glad to hear your eyes are doing well now. Have a super week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Lynne,
    Jux-ta-thank-you for all the lovely visions. I am so glad your vision is well and recovered from its problems.

    Judith

    ReplyDelete