Tuesday, August 5, 2014

"HEY NOW, YOU'RE A ROCK STAR..."

"...and all that glitters is gold, only shootin' stars break the mold!"
                                                     - S M A S H  M O U T H 

most of you know that...

E L L E.be


...i'm a baby boomer!

no, that isn't me...well...except for the hair color.

s i l v e r B L O N D E !

isn't she lovely?

she's a boomin' rock star!

" Rubber Soul...play it again, and again...got it for Christmas 1965"

on my previous post, i made reference to a simple compliment that i 

received on the Saturday before last.

i was at the grocery store.

when i reached the checkout stand, the checker said...

"ahhhh... it's a rock star!"

i said..."rock star?"

he said..."yes!"

i laughed and said..."an old rocker!"

he said..."i like to think of your generation as the rock stars!"

( i estimated his age to about 50...a Gen "X 'er"!)
(he is also the assistant manager of the store.)

"i'm  taking my wife to see McCartney!"

i told him that i met McCartney, briefly...very briefly, before their concert

in Seattle in the summer of 1966.

 i also told him that PMc was my fave Beatle, and my only crush until 9th grade.

 there wasn't one boy in my Jr High that could hold a candle to him.

 i think that my parents are grateful to Paul to this day...i wasn't your typical boy crazy teen.

we laughed and reminisced about our perfect McCartney encounters.

when finished, i wished he and his love safe travels to the concert.

...and i left the grocery store, feeling like a ROCK STAR.

i was singing what i just then realized...were my very first words of français!

"Michelle, ma belle
Sont les mots qui vont tres bien ensemble
Tres bien ensemble"

"these are words that go together well. together well."


...and...then i "tumbled" upon this sweet quote.

we all have family and friends that we love, and  that we can count on!
...but there is also that other person  that can make our day now and then.

that other person!

 ahhhh...blog world!

...the community where
that other person lives and thrives!
 my "gen", and those gens 'a following'...

caring and sharing! 

inspiring!

lifting!

***

it was with perfect timing that Laura from "I'm So Vintage" tagged me for...
The Touring Through Blog Land Tour. 
Laura has been my blog friend for a few years.  she a friendly southern girl, that
welcomes you into her world of thrifting, antiquing, and the pursuit of  a"simple and serene life".
thanks for the shout out, Laura!

on with the tour...

1) What am I working on right now?


as most of you know, i work full time in the field of health care.
recently, i was approached to create a line of  lavender filled pillows. 
for a shop near my clinic. 

 i am considering a brief break from publishing on my blog.  
(that means that i will be out visiting now and then.)


2) How does my work differ from others in this genre?

different?
i have found through this information highway, that i may not
be different at all. 

i hope that my words and works inspire, encourage, and comfort.
( comforting and encouraging words are so important in my day job.)

3) Why do I write/create what I do?

 i live to be a force of inspiration!

4) How does your writing/creating process work?

when something inspires me, i pass it on...

...withLove!


TAG! 

(this is NOT mandatory, if time does not permit, no worries...
if you would like continue the tour, please do so on August  11th)

Mary at "La Bella Vita"
i wake up wishing that she lived next door to me.
Culinary magic happens here and so much more!

Sheri at "Red Rose Alley"
she's the soul sister of blog land...the very definition of a "that other person"!

and...

Susie at "She Junks"
hardly a day goes by without coffee with my friend Susie in Tipton, Indiana!



17 comments:

  1. Bonjour ma belle!

    Lynne, my fav of the four was and still is, GEORGIE BOY! Oh his eyes, his voice....but I love all of them. John is like a crazy brother, Paul like a great school mate, Ringo like a best boy friend, but then there's George....

    Oh how fun to see you here! I too am supposed to be part of a blog writing tour at the end of the month, so I have to follow up with that, but in the meantime, I'm getting ready to get back to the classroom on August 25!

    Much love, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynne, I think we are all Rock Stars;) and I love her hair! goodness.....wish mine looked like that! I enjoyed your TAG and lavender pillows sound perfect. Thanks so much for visiting yesterday. It's been crazy and I'm trying to keep things in perspective with regards to my housing s.i.t.c.h.

    Off to work.. enjoy your day! xxleslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. My belle, this is lovely. Reminds me of the way we were, and still are if we are lucky. Only wiser now.
    xx's

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, Oh for the hair....good luck with the pillows the venture sounds delightful. Enjoy and thanks for the introduction to other bloggers. Hugs, B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just a perfect post. I happened across your blog scrolling down someone's blogroll (I usually never remember who's). I really enjoyed it, nevertheless. What a great grocery you go to. By the way, I'm a Stones gal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew we were sisters under the skin with our PMc love. I was so Paul crazy. My hair would be that color too, but I continue to buy that bottled stuff. :)
    xo
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Lynne, thank you for coming to visit my blog today. You would love Minneapolis; there are a lot of French-inspired shops and homes!!!! Oh, the homes.....

    BIG HUGS! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are all rock stars!! I agree wholeheartedly. Your lavender pillow adventure sounds exciting.
    George and Paul were my favorite and those were the first French words I learned as well!! I'm blonde silver now but it's quickly morphing into silver blonde. Have a great week.
    xo ~J

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, I laughed when I saw my name on your list. LOL... But I was also honored. Yeah, I want to be a rock star too. So I will do this tag thing on the 11th, right? Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  10. This post made me smile...but then again your posts often make me smile! Thanks for this, Lynne, dear! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. YOU are amazing!!!! I am a baby boomer - born in 1948 - and so is my first born daughter, Summer, born in 1963! Life IS wonderful, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everybody had a favorite… George was mine, but I think most were in love with Paul… Remember seeing all the girls in the audience of every performance crying, so funny!!! You will be busy with your new venture, and it should be fun… I am busy preparing for my month long trip to Italy, but, I will continue to visit my favorite blogs, like yours :). Enjoy your day Lynne…
    XOXO Mary

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lynne,
    As I was looking at this BOOM picture, she kind of reminded me of you! Thank you, thank you, dear friend, for thinking of me in The Touring Through Blog Land Tour. That was the funniest story about the guy at the check out stand. What a nice guy he was. Yes, sometimes people outside our own families will say just the right thing and make our day. I love the Beatles.....and Michelle, ma belle is a favorite of mine too.

    I will try to continue the tour - August has been a crazy busy month for us, but I'll see what I can do.

    Thank you, Lynne, for what you said about me. It truly touched my heart.

    love,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sorry Lynne, I forgot to thank you for your sweet words in the "Tag". Thanks for thinking of me…
    Ciao Bella!
    XOXO Mary

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun post - The Beatles, lavender, inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You, dear Lynne, are indeed a Rock Star! Even a stranger can see your shining qualities. How fun to learn more about you. You are a gift to blog world, in whatever form you choose. Love this post!
    xx

    ReplyDelete