Tuesday, September 23, 2014

CALIFORNIA CAME TO STAY...

 "summers always seemed longer and warmer when i was young"
                                                                             ~ me (and maybe you, too!)

...until SUMMER 2014.


as a native of the Pacific Northwest, i have always prayed for a California summer.

this year, God answered my prayers.


:: image found here...with just a little alteration "par moi"! ::


California came to stay for the summer!
( thank you, God!)

our summer held the  l o n g e s t  stretch of warm summer days on record.

we jam-packed so much into each perfect sunny, blue sky day.

as you know,  A U T U M N is my favorite season.

for the first time in my life,  i am sad to say goodbye to summer.


:: unaltered images found...here and here ::


dearest  golden California sunshine, please come back again next year!

we had the summertime of a lifetime!

 in the mean time, 

 we will gather to embrace our always perfect, PNW Autumn blessings...


:: unaltered image found...here! ::



...withWashingtonLove!



10 comments:

  1. I think you got our summer. It disappeared somewhere this year. Maybe next year we can both have a perfect summer. :)
    xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post Lynne. But for me...I had no California summer. I love fall but am dreading what's to come later. You know that season where I really whine me arse off? LOL I better be looking that old snow shovel over, to see if it has another year of scooping left in it. . Ha. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was simply glorious here in Seattle. Friends and I were talking about the summer and all agreed the two words that described it were magical and glorious. Judging from today's overcast rainy weather...fall may be here. Bummer...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynne,
    Now you will always compare every new summer with the golden summer of 2014.... To your family and friends you will say, "...ah, remember the summer of 2014...?" and then recant some glorious moment frozen in time. Moments in time... the real essence of life.

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you enjoyed a California summer Lynne... Now, I would like to enjoy a little Pacific Northwest Autumn! Enjoy ...
    XOXO Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Lynne....California Dreamin'....I am a native California girl, and though I prefer to live here in Minneapolis (yes, call me crazy), the sunshine there will always be different...maybe because the sun from my younger days left an imprint, like a photo, of my youth in my mind. Oh, summer, what a love affair! BISOUS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lynne! Yes...... gorgeous summer and we were so thankful as the weather helped us get through lots of grilling outside. Unfortunately we are putting a vault in our great-room and it's pouring!! We had such great weather a couple weeks ago and I was pushing the contractor to get going fast .. well that never happens so now we have a wet tarp over a portion of the house and wood is getting wet. Once the roof is finished we can get the kitchen in and I'll be on the down hill slope with this. W.h.a.t a process and I'll never do it again.

    Like Anita, I'm born/raised in CA too and I'll say those summers are a little too long. My mom said it was in the 100's this week.. that's no fun:(

    Hope you are enjoying the week and Happy Fall! xxleslie

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a perfect Summer, Lynne. We had the coolest one I can remember in a long time in NC and it was wonderful. Just too short…

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lynne,

    Yes, it was a beautiful summer in the PNW this year.
    Lot's of outdoor cooking. A few small day trips.
    I am ready for a colorful Autumn day.
    Linda C Seattle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lynne,
    I'm glad you got to experience some California weather. It truly is a beautiful state. My husband wouldn't live anywhere else. It is cooler during the Autumn in northern California, and we had rain this week! Autumn is a glorious season here.

    love,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete