Monday, September 1, 2014

I LOVE...LOVE...LOVE SEPTEMBER...random 34...yes, i am all over the place!



the first two weeks...

...when my wardrobe doubles as the

 summer lightweights meet and mix with the autumn middleweights.


it's my favorite match!

always a winner!

above, the look for the younger set...with cowboy boots.

for me, sweater over  my burnt Sienna knit maxi sundress...

 ...metallic flip flops, and...i'm good! 

i'm cozy!

oh...yes...there is F O O T B A L L !

our sports guy was at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta for Boise State's kickoff!

they played Ole Miss!

one Mississippi...

i am quite certain that Archie, (Peyton and Eli's dad), and

 Leigh Anne Tuohy, (Michael Oher's mom), were at the game.

(Leigh Anne is all about the power of one making a difference!)

two Mississippi...

(pardon me, as i digress.)

you know that i LOVE that movie!

three Mississippi...

after Atlanta, Jay was home, ( Boise home),  for one very appreciated day off.


he was gellin' with Camille's nephew Easton!

too - cute - twin - fauxhawks!



this morning...the deck! 

sadly, we lost Saturday due to the rain.

the guys worked eleven hours yesterday.

Michael and Tom will be back today to add a couple more pieces to the 

pressure treated frame, and start the cedar wrap! 


this is a shot of our family room this morning.

Sonotube, anyone? 



our Lavender has now officially bloomed from May to September!

the Chocolate Gousse has been sneaking and snacking on the tomatoes.

she has always defied being a carnivore.


***


Mr D will be headed off to his yearly cast and blast in October.

i would like to invite some girlfriends over for champagne to christen the new deck.

i am planning to paint the bathroom at the end of the hallway and so hope to knit 

a LOOPY MANGO throw! 


(i must mention that the girl above did not work in her end before the photograph!)

A L L   OF   T H E   K I T S   A R E    F O R    B E G I N N E R S !
  
i have been obsessed with the thought of making a LOOPY MANGO throw for about two years.

it's just that the expenditure seemed  a little extravagant!

unless you are knitting cotton dishcloths and baby hats, knitting can be "spendy".



i welcome you, oh fave month of mine...

...withLove!

6 comments:

  1. I too love this transition, when you're not quite sure what to wear, but you end up wearing lightweight clothes with boots! AND YOUR DECK! WOOO HOOO! As I type, our long-awaited exposed beams are finally being put up and they are GORGEOUS! Oh Lynne, happy DAY! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynne! I am back around trying to visit and play a bit of catch up! I am not quite ready to give up Summer yet- ours was so short and cold and wet that I feel like we missed it completely. That being said, Fall is really my FAVORITE season. I love it...but I am hanging on to this last bit of nice "summery" days.

    Love that last knitted piece- WOW! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy September to YOU!!! That is the neatest 'mess' of tools I have ever seen!!! I am cleaning up the MESS Louis Dean made yesterday! He had to rewire an outlet and switch in my bathroom and this one job trashed the hall, both bathrooms and our bedroom!! I am in clean up mode!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving your September signature style Lynne! That loopy mango looks extraordinarily cozy. Here's to a little champagne and knitting for you! Happy September my darling friend!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynne,
    Your blog header always captures me and this one with its little fleur de lis inside the O is perfect. Fonts... can never have too many from which to choose! The soft natural color linen is another perfect touch.

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynne,
    I love this white throw - it looks so soft and comfy! Oh, your tomatoes are coming along nicely. Can't wait to see your deck when it's all finished. And September, Yes, it's a good month, and reminds me that Fall is on its way.

    Happy September, Lynne!

    love,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete