Saturday, October 25, 2014

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!




(since i have been absent a few French bread Fridays...i had to start off en français!)


***


i know that i draggggged you all through my three weeks 

of extra work at the clinic.  bless you for lending an ear!




my way of getting through things is chatter!

does that surprise you?

i am thinking not!

i always tell myself...things like...

"...just think how awesome you are going to feel when you 

complete this challenge!"

"the extra steps to the printer and the fax machine are kicking

your "fitbit" and helping you "fitbutt"!





WHAT'S NEXT?





YES!  

MY NEW BLACK BOOTS ARE ON THEIR WAY TO 34TH STREET!

( THANK YOU RARE OPPORTUNITY FOR OVERTIME! )


NOW...




WE'LL DO THE TWIST, THE STOMP, THE MASHED POTATO TOO...

ANY OLD DANCE THAT YOU WANNA DO...

LET'S DANCE!
( CHRIS MONTEZ - 1962...I WAS 10 )

LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA!

REMEMBER GO GO BOOTS? 

 I DO!

( MY FIRST BOOTS AFTER GALOSHES!)

MY FIRST FASHION STATEMENT!

I KNOW I'M SHOWING MY AGE...

(MY GRANDMAS  WEREN'T WEARING BLACK LEATHER BOOTS AT 60!)

IT'S COOL TO BE BLESSED!

WITHLOVE!

13 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, do I ever remember GO GO boots. I wanted a white pair with the zipper in the back and the little black heel. But my dad, who was in charge (il était le maître, LUI!) said NO. But one day he came home gleefully exclaiming, " I FOUND YOU SOME WHITE BOOTS! LET'S GO GET THEM!" I was shocked and so excited. So we go to this thrift store and there they were....a pair of WHITE GOLASHES with red fur. NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    So, I never got my go go boots. My first pair of boots where in the late 70s that I bought and the rest is history. Oh, Papa, tu étais formidable....teeee

    BON WEEK-END, LYNNE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to have black boot weather - still flip flops here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was 11 in 1962. Soooo much older than you. Love the boots. I wore mine this week, but now it is back up in the 70's. So I am back in my sandals. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynne, Well we are not so much grandmas as we are Glam-mas. So bring on those black leather boots chicky. When I worked, on Fridays I would be singing Lover Boys' " Everybody's working for the weekend.":):) I know you are happy to have those long hours over. Blessings for a great time now. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL- Oh- yes- I remember go-go boots - I think I had three pairs of them...and GRANNY boots that laced all the way to the knee- remember those? Hope all that extra work has come to an end for you now. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lynne,
    I talk to myself in my head, too! Things like, "Every step I take now will mean fewer steps next week." "I'll be so glad I did this today when I am in a hurry later." "if I put this in my suitcase now, I will not forget it for my trip." On and on it goes in my head.

    Love your new black boots...REBOOT!

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your black boots - in the market for a pair myself! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh YES!! Bring on those GO-GO boots.. and while we're at it, don't forget the eye liner and mini skirt right? Ha! I like your attitude Lynne and all the chatter.. that doesn't surprise me and I'd probably chatter along with you:) Definitely boot weather coming up so I up those gorgeous boots arrive soon!

    Happy Sunday! xxleslie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ..hope those..... (typing skills early in the morning need work)

      Delete
  10. Wonderful boots dear, and I have been wearing boots from my childhood on. There is something so classic and timeless about boots.
    I read Anita's Go! Go boot comment, and with having older aunts in the 60's I was able to be gifted my first pair long before I should have.

    These boots are made for walking my dear!

    Xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adore your boots!! Oh and yes, I love being 60 and feel the freedom to do as I wish as never before!
    Since we are talking about it I had my first air of Go-Go boots at 13!

    xoxo,
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your boots and your dance and your whole vibe. I know it's been super busy yet it's always a treat to stop by for a visit. Have a lovely week! xx

    ReplyDelete