Saturday, December 27, 2014

Christmas Day + two = a random "me" day!

hello lovelies!

oh what a Christmas!

on a visit prior to Christmas, the grands pulled together all of the
 pillows and blankets for snuggling and a movie by the tree.
Mr D hid little matchbox cars for the finding.

the house nest was filled to the MAX once again!

Jay and Camille came from Boise on December 20th!


through the magic of television, he and the Boise State basketball team


home snug in T-town! ( yes, that is one of the MANY ugly 

Christmas sweaters that i have made for him to wear on air ! )

***

i was living on Dayquil and Nyquil on the days prior to Christmas Day. 

i proclaimed the wonder potion my signature cocktail for Holiday 2014!

  the sig shots got me to and through a perfect day and dinner!  

Mr D cooked a turkey and a prime rib.

i did the rest of the dinner, and Chrislyn made all of the desserts!




un Noël vraiment joyeuse!


on one day before Christmas, my Fitbit read 11527 steps.

( 10000 steps = 5 miles )


***

there are so very many steps to Christmas...

...together, we likely circled the earth! 

was it not worth every step?



i was gifted a new farm table!

it is placed in a room that i will be repurposing next year.

(i'm showing you the real deal...my not so pretty carpeting.)


i love my simple Alabama farm table, but it only seats four to six.

the new table seats twelve.

we filled every seat for Christmas dinner!

***

Jay and Camille had to be at the airport at four a.m. on the morning




after Christmas.  Camille caught a flight back to Boise, and Jay

headed south to Phoenix to cover The Fiesta Bowl.

 i woke nauseated and dizzy.

i was able to ride along to the airport, but completely crashed when

we arrived home. i stayed in bed until 2 p.m., missing work and a very

nice day after Christmas party.  today, i have recovered.

there is nothing that i "must do".

i am watching vintage Christmas movies, blogging once again, and... 




... daydreaming with visions of a singing bed head princess 

with leopard pajama pants!


Merry Christmas + two!

withLove!

7 comments:

  1. I love that your Christmas was so great...even with so many hitches...next year will be better and I must say, you were a trooper. I love your new table and the pics of the grandkids are wonderful.

    Love to you, I hope you are much better now Thank you for the visit! :)

    Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynne, It sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas i spite of being under the weather… thank goodness for nyquil and dayquil … so sorry you were sick , but not so much not to enjoy your precious singing Princess Holland…. Feel better my friend … Ciao bella….
    Con amore, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynne, So sorry you have been sick. It's rough at holiday time. Loved your photos. Table for 12...wonderful. Your little princess is adorable. Blessings for a wonderful new year. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynne,
    It looks like you had a special Christmas with all the family together. So sorry you were sick over the holiday. I had a house full too, and now trying to straighten things up and rest - I'm a bit tired I must admit. Your new farm table is great, and will seat more loved ones each Christmas. I absolutely LOVE that picture of your grandson under the tree. I don't think I've seen a more curious child trying to find goodies under the tree. It is a priceless picture. And I'm noticing my same desk in the background.

    Thank you for your friendship through the years, Lynne, and I wish you a bright and peaceful new year.

    love,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done - 11527 steps while feeling less than 100% and Christmas to deal with! At least you made some wonderful memories with your family and new table at this special time of the year. May 2015 bring you joy and good health. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how darling and HAPPY HOLLAND LOOKS! Lynne my dear, my dear, dear friend! HAPPY HOLIDAYS! So much fun was had, wasn't it? Thank you for coming to visit during this happy but busy time. Love to you always and let us go together into une bonne année! BISOUS, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lynne, Loved all the holiday pictures. Hoping you're feeling better soon!!
    Hugs,
    Jody

    ReplyDelete