Friday, April 24, 2015

F r e n c h b r e a d o n F r i d a y !


h e l l o L o v e l i e s !

i am popping in to say a hello and to 

RSVP an honored invitation!

while on my little retreat, i have been reading, and slowly mending

from complications from a cold that began before Easter.


Dieu merci c'est vendredi!
  

i am here to talk about my style.


Heather and Jennifer have a link event the begins today.

#stylefocus


since i have been silent for nearly two weeks, i just had to say something!

 do what i love! 
( weave images found, with images mine. )

 to honor their request of linking a post from the past,

i have included a few pics from the past here on 34.



i am happiest in a long skirt or blue jeans.
( if i only had my flat tummy from the 70's and 80's . . . )


of late the "stripes" have me "ticking"!




. . . these espadrilles!




would they not be "parfait" with my new straw hat for the farmers market Saturdays




 and this amazing event in June?


:: ici ::


i love to get lost in stories of French couture.


:: ici ::


i am fascinated with underpinnings...



 i would take our kitchen cupboards doors off in a French minute une minute français!

( if only Mr D would go for it! )




my affinity with French style is down to earth. 
( with Love, i pinned vintage French seed packets to a Mothers Day past.)



i "revere" raw pottery.
Société Industrielle - Vallauris céramique ceramistes poterieis our cookie jar.
( i took it "plum pretty" for a late summer 2014 centerpiece)



linen now reigns in the house and on me!

  it is from this very spot in our home that i blog and share.


last summer, i read the words below on a stop at Apartment Therapy . . . 

the first four can apply to most everyone. however i plan to change #5 to reflect me and 34.

5 FRENCH  WOMEN STRATEGIES FOR A HEALTHY HOME

Take pleasure in what you eat: You may not be living in the house of your dreams, but there is beauty in every space. Enjoy and use your home and decorate it to support your life. Surround yourself with things you love and that make you happy. If you hate that chair from Great Aunt Sophie, out it goes. Even if it's worth a ton of money, living with something that doesn't make you happy is a psychic drain on your soul.
Eat everything — in season and of the best quality you can find — in moderation: Seek out the best pieces you can find. Use the good silverware, the nice towels, the expensive soap. Instead of ten sets of sheets from IKEA, what about two sets of really good linen sheets that get better and better with each wash?
Drink water: Weekly fresh flowers, using your kitchen to cook, daily cleaning, regular decluttering, open windows, beautiful candles, music, having people over — these are all things that hydrate your home with life.
Move a little every day: Whether it's changing up the pillows in the winter, replacing your old coffee table with a great find from the flea market or a new vase for those fresh flowers, your home needs movement. If you've changed nothing in your home in the past five years, it's probably time to think about a little freshening up. What if you moved the couch? Maybe it's time for a new rug?
Play to your strengths: True, my kitchen is dark, I don't have enough closet space, and let's not even talk about the challenges of not having a parking space, but my living room has a ginormous picture window and my bedroom gets the most amazing light. Even the smallest and most awkwardly shaped homes have a unique beauty about them. Instead of lamenting what it lacks, take the time to discover what's great about your home (hint: what do visitors always remark on?) and celebrate it.

don't you love reading words like this?

( so motivating! )

do i live in the house of my dreams?


non.

i live in the house of so many dreams come true!

 to "self and soul" and to "heart and home"!

"styleminded"

"wellstyled"

withLove.


Marcia your serving of French bread, mon cher. )



( i will be back into the mix in a couple of weeks!
i have some new dreams come true to share! )


12 comments:

  1. Lynne, I love the photos. Those striped shoes, I would love to prance around in. I love stripes...I may be wearing them ...oh not those ugly jail stripes. LOL...but those Frenchy kind of striped tops. My Dr. told me to lose 20 pounds in six months. Dang, I think I'll get a new dr. :) Oh yes, the nice wonderful flat stomachs in the 1980's... I do remember. Take care, get back to being brand new. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynne, this post makes me feel sooo happy! From the images to the gorgeous clothes and the tips for living a good French woman's life....merci my Dear and have a wonderful weekend~

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are sooo beautiful. I love underpinnings too! It is indeed espadrille time here in California! I love those French strategies! If we all lived like that, life would be so much more genteel and lovely. I'm embracing #1 wholeheartedly, but have to do it when my hoarding husband is away!
    Thanks for sharing your gorgeous inspiration with us today on #STYLEfocus! You are inspiring beyond words! Happy weekend. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful post about so many sweet things. I hope you have a wonderful weekend and that you are finally well! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynne, I do hope you are feeling better .. I'm so sorry you have not been well. We certainly don't have time for that !

    I love your still and I am wearing stripes too ..little dresses and tops are so much fun. I am in line with the French Women's Strategies. Every single one:)

    Have a wonderful weekend! xxL

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad I joined this link-up -- what fun to discover new blogs! Yours is a delight, and I'll be sure to browse past posts and look forward tto future ones. Love the French aesthetic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVELY............I always see YOU around the BLOG WORLD in the comment section!!!
    Love long skirts too and flat shoes and TALK THAT HUBBY Of yours into the kitchen cupboard doors BE GONE!As far as closet space.........NEVER ENOUGH.My project this week is to take two closets and smoosh into ONE!!!NOT FUN AT ALL.................those LADIES sent me!You know the ones!Over yonder at those STYLE blogs!Hope you pop by and say Hello to MOI!
    The Vintage Contessa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's good to see you posting, and I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A French inspired flea market, how fun that would be! I just love that new straw hat you found, it's so stylish.

    I hope you are feeling better, Lynne.

    love, ~me

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lynne, I love this feature and adore your style!! The 5 French Women tips are perfect! Your long flowy skirts are so fresh and bright!

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena
    Giveaway from The Enchanted Home!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this post Lynne! Perfect read for the start of the weekend! xo annie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Lynne I adore you style and panache! Everything you have said here truly resonates with me!!

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete