Friday, May 22, 2015

n o t y o u r u s u a l F r e n c h b r e a d o n F r i d a y . . .

h e l l o L o v e l i e s .

this post is quite a departure from my usual carte du jour.
( the images are not mine. i have placed a link to all at the end of today's post. )





the first time i visited France, i was seventeen. Charles de Gaulle had just left office.
( he passed the following year.)





i stood curbside, on the Champs Elysee and watched the Bastille Day Parade.




i remember thinking . . .




. . . this city has not forgotten WWII.




i can't even imagine going about my daily life amidst war.




it is told that general von Choltitz defied Hitler's order to destroy Paris because he loved this city.




if true . . . thank goodness.




 Madame FearNot . . . you go girl!




the past (1944) placed upon present (2014).




the city of light and love,





protected by 





all who loved her.




citizens . . .




 soldiers . . .




victors . . .




ville de l'amour.


withLove.


:: images found ici! ::

8 comments:

  1. I was on a cruise on the Seine, when the guide talked of the German General ordered to blow up the bridges, but he would not. Not a word was said about the Americans. I was shocked and said to my daughters, "and they would all be speaking German if not for our troops". They were the greatest generation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos - I don't know how you did it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynne, I absolutely love this post. I would love to be in Paris today. Thanks to your photos, I did visit. Blessings for a fabulous weekend. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, I'm so happy to see your pretty face!!
    This is amazing. Have you considered submitting it for publication to a magazine. It's really stunning how you did this. You're so talented my friend!
    Happy Weekend!
    xx~Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh! These are NOT my images! I feel terrible. The link is at the end of the post! I AM SO SORRY IF I MISLEAD ANYONE! The photos spoke to me and inspired my words! w/ L

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a GREAT post! I have learned to put the word image under each picture with the link to it-because I have confused people in the past, too. Your photos or not---it is a great post!
    If you get a chance pop by and see my little announcement today! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lynne,
    A wonderful post for Memorial Day weekend.... You memories interspersed with the old photos juxtapositioned with new photos is truly a wonderful combination. I love it!

    Judith

    ReplyDelete