Tuesday, May 26, 2015

y e s t e r d a y ' s t a l k = t o d a y ' s r a n d o m t h o u g h t s . . .


h e l l o L o v e l i e s !


y e s t e r d a y started by sipping coffee and reading inspiration from blog friends.

because it was a holiday, i could be spontaneous!  within less than an hour,

  i was sharing live chat over a late morning mimosa at my girlfriend Al's house.

it was some of yesterday's words that inspired this post! 




. . .one of my favorite mantras.

for me, it's like the sign "above" the locker room door.

the sign you touch before you take the field.




Jen was talking about re-organizing, and refurbishing closets.

her post got me thinking of a space that needs further attention.

she inspired some creative energy here on 34.

( could it be my years spent in merchandising and buying

that makes me yen for a "rolling rack"? )




a couple weeks ago, i found this cute vintage bar height

table at the modern cottage company.

i love it's practicality and mobility.

this vignette turns into theater seating for the grands on movie / party nights.




have your read Melissa's book?

it's a fun little reminder to dress up love the home you have.

Melissa is from the Pacific Northwest too!

i call her one of our local brilliants!




i can't identify my style, other than it's a mix

of found by me and Mr D and thoughtfully chosen gifts from family and friends.

the "T" was one of my Mother's Day gifts from Chrislyn, Jason and the grands.

( . . . sort of adds a pizzazz to the mix, doesn't it? )

before blogging this morning, i took a minute to make a 

" quick change" on the new - old table.

( i noticed that it was missing some French! )

my French is not fancy, just a practical touch here and there.

speaking of there . . . 

. . . wishing that i could be mapping the "metro", but  it's . . .

got to go!

time to show!

withLove!

4 comments:

  1. Steve teases me about "playing house", but I know he loves that I "dress" the house to show our personalities, loves and life style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that sign! I needed to hear that this morning! I am off to dress up and show up and I will NOT give up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynne, I used to go by to see if my mom wanted to go to lunch or just junking...she would not be dressed...her excuse was"well I never go anywhere."...I told her if you get up , get dressed, cause somebody might ask you to lunch or to go somewhere. I do this every morning. There has been very few days I am not dressed with my hair and make-up done. I am ready to go. LOL. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always get up and get dressed, brush my hair and teeth, slap on some lipstick and make my bed. My Aunt told me years ago to do that and I would be ready for anything. I have done that my whole adult life. My house might look like crap but at least I am presentable if someone pops by. lol xo Diana
    ps...did you see my surprise yet? lol

    ReplyDelete