Wednesday, July 1, 2015

W e d n e s d a y = w e l l n e s s


h e l l o B e a u t i f u l s !

i know that i have likely posted this quote before.

it's me in a nutshell. 

it's how i live . . . 

perhaps that's why i love blog land.

 you validate my "splendid adventure"!

* * *

Wednesday is a perfect day for me to turn "inward".

i schedule a half way there hour of self care focus.
( mid week maintenance)

but first . . .

 a confession, and a new found treasure.

i make it difficult for myself to go to the gym.

i cannot tell you why.

( maybe it's because i am away from "34" nine - plus hours - 5 days a week . . .

 . . . when i arrive home, i don't want to leave again! )

i do not like going in the morning.

this is my alone time.

i like alone time.

i'm not a fan of the treadmill.  the elliptical is ok.  i do like bike!

suis-je faire des excuses?
( am i making excuses?)

perhaps.

i am pleased to say that i found the perfect piece of stay at home workout equipment for me!

it's light and movable.



a re - bounder!

i love it!

i found it here.

i went with the best review, ( i read them all ), at a moderate price.  i didn't buy the top of the line,

because i wanted to make sure that this bounce would be beneficial for me!

i could not be more impressed.

the workout that comes with this apparatus is a circuit workout that

combines cardio, resistance, pure barre and yoga!

very cool.

no.

  very hot!

it makes me sweat!

 there are many workouts available for the re - bounder/jogger. 

it's easy on my knees.

in my current shape and condition. it's a perfect "fit" for me.

now! 

 back to Wednesday!

after my workout, i head to my in home spa bathroom, where i comb argon oil into my hair, 

mask my face, dry brush, and give myself a mini manicure . . . i relax . . . drink a 

glass of fruit infused water, towel my pillow, spray it with lavender,

 lay down on our freshly made bed 'til the top coat dries.

 . . . a little breather. . . eyes closed.






then it's into the shower for a quick over the counter drug store detox on the cheap.

this big bottle can be found for under five dollars.

 . . . and it holds an added little bonus dose of magnesium!

Wednesday is not a self tanner day. this is my essential oil it up day!
(self tanner does not have the optimum effect when applied with oil.)

i make my own oil it up concoction, which always starts with a base of jojoba oil.

good oils to mix in are almond, neroli, and lavender.

i finish with an oil blend between my toes and on my pulse points.

that's it!

just in time to let the Chocolate Gousse out for her last tour of the back yard 

 before i depart for the clinic!

the subtle fragrance from the oils is perfect for a medical environment.

i have patients say . . . " you smell so good" . . . "what fragrance are you wearing?"

( you see, we're not allowed to wear a parfum or eau d' toilette)

this special blend is all about spreading wellness!  

i'll tell you about the pleasantly aromatic oil blend on my next wellness Wednesday!




. . . just scheduled my appointment for next week!

( yes!  i'm one that needs to write it down!  i distract easily - hence she's

a beautiful mess!)

 . . . and no i do not think that i am a beauty.

i am quite happy with cute, funny and silly.

. . . also likened to the amazing Ina Garten.

(grandma contessa?  love it! )

 honest impressions, out of the mouths of my precious grands.

am i blessed or what!!!

withLove!



( i was not compensated for any of the products mentioned in this post.)


10 comments:

  1. Exercise is good for the body and also for the brain. It clears our thoughts of rubble most times. LOL. That bouncy thing makes exercise not so hard on the joints. Safer. Enjoy taking care of yourself. We women need to put ourselves first more often. Blessings for a wonderful 4th with lots of good food , family , and friends. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful Wednesday spa routine you have. I adore herbal fragrances, you paint a fragrant picture. Getting exercise can happen in many ways, I do get to the gym 4 to 5 days a week, faithfully… your new workout sounds fun/great… whatever makes a workout happen is good. Enjoy the rest of your week staying healthy Lynne!
    XOXO Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your post! We all need to remember to schedule in some "self-care" time. I'm intrigued by your new piece of exercise equipment. Hope your week is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to have a peek at the 'bouncy thing' link. I am not a gym person although I've given it a fair trial. Love it when I'm there but getting me there....

    I like doing my nails while on my laptop, I don't wander around messing them up. And I love to do my own facials and masks and try new showers products. I've been getting into natural and herbal products in the past few years. I adore jojoba oil for everything...wondering what the benefits are with mixing it with other things? Borage is another for sensitive skin--it's calming and I LOVE it, especially under the eyes which seem to reflect every issue we have!

    I love the quote, Lynne. I don't 'know' you but it sounds like you. I'm sorry if I've been remiss. Life...I know we both love it wildly!!

    Love to you, dear friend,

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to have a rebounder. It was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My choice of exercise is walking. With my knee replacements I can't do a rebounder, but it sounds like fun. Self care is so important every day of the week. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest friend! It sounds as if you are enjoying your summer, and we all take it in a different stride. ENJOY IT! Thank you for coming to visit and yes, Carmel was an outstanding time to go back to where we began our journey, 33 years ago. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a glorious way to celebrate and pamper, you! I love the sound of your essential oil mixture. All scents I love. I haven't seen that Epsom salt wash, but I want it. Thanks for inspiring me to treat myself better.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your ARE wonderful and I absolutely love this self care post!! A great reminder to us all to take the time for treating ourselves! Have a wonderful holiday weekend!

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena
    Gallery Opening!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your new re-bounder!! Thanks for the inspiration!! Looks like something I could do!!
    Hugs,
    Jody

    ReplyDelete