Monday, August 31, 2015

m e - o n - t h i r t y - f o u r . . .


h e l l o L o v e l i e s !


:: ici ::
   
























“what draws people to be friends is that they see the same truth. they share it.”  
 ― C.S. Lewis






i haven't been the best blog friend lately.  my time is focused on my mom and dad, my family

and a class reunion that is just around the corner . . . August is a busy month

at the clinic, (the rush before school starts). last week was tough. i wrote a whole post

 about it.  i was ready to click publish. i hit delete.

why re-hash last week?

 to summarize? 

four words . . . mom . . . scared . . . victory . . .  i prefer the word miracle.

it's all good at present.



:: ici ::




                                                    







i have loved the nearly five 

year journey within my little 

blog.  you have enriched me. 

you have validated my

creative ventures, and lifted

my whims.

i have grown by reading your

stories and watching life

"live" by your design.








i sometimes worry that i have become cliché . . . redundant.  one is bound to be so in this venue.

 as C.S.Lewis said above  . . . friends share and seek a similar truth.



:: ici ::







there is something very 

therapeutic for me to land on

pretty images, save them,

and weave my thoughts

words in - between.

i am such a visual person. perhaps

it's my own version of meditation.





i am aware that my speech is not particularly eloquent. 

i speak as if  we are sharing coffee, a beer, or on Fridays,

 a bountiful glass of French wine with bread.


when i am away. . .  i miss here!



:: ici ::
                                                                 


here is for me and for you.

here is to inspire.

here is to bring ease when we 

experience trying times.

here is to interject

beauty, creativity, humor, and 

reveal the real and sometimes "off 

beat me".  







( last week there were prayers . . .  and a tongue - in - cheek effort to seek strength

by  paraphrasing  "Alicia" . . . singing myself to . . ."put the "S" on your chest!"

. . . and then came sweet serendipity!  

i landed on the image above at tumblr.

the "S" is cool, but the notion of rolling up the sleeves of a black silky blouse over

a pretty black lace-y "cami" and facing life, takes the edge off too!)


:: ici ::



























i am here 

to remind 

ME and YOU

 to SELF CARE . . . 







 . . . and NOT compare!


:: ici ::


have a great week!  see ya in September! 

(p.s. Linda C., i will be there tomorrow to sing a little Neil Diamond with you!
just like last year, the year before and the year before that! )

withLove!

10 comments:

  1. Lynne, I truly admire and love the you that comes thru your blog. Please do not change. I have been thinking of you and your mother...hug her ever chance you get...you'll be glad you did. It helps her and it will help you. Blessings, xoxo,Susie
    p.s. we know how to roll our sleeve up..we are women.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynne, I know exactly what you are saying here, because here in our little world of blog land we find so much joy, so much care, so much thoughtfulness, and so much love.

    Sending you a big hug today while you catch your breath and enter into Autumn.

    love, ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely post, Lynne. I'm glad to see the words "victory " and miracle" at the end of your "mom, scared" sentence. I let out a sigh of relief just reading it, so I can only imagine how you must feel now. Sending happy thoughts & big hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your heart is very open in this post Lynne… we all know that you have a lot going on. Hopefully the difficult parts will get better. Wishing your Mother ( and all of you ) good ( great ) health.
    Con Amore,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynne your posts never fail to leave me smiling. I am so relieved that a tough week ended well for your Mom. Thank goodness for the day to day blessings. and by the way---I am one who would relish hearing the details of your week, no matter how tough your days were. At the risk of sounding clique, friends are there through good and bad..so next time I hope you don't hesitate to click the publish button.
    Love that black silky blouse too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynne,
    So glad to hear your mom's week ended on a high note. Love the black blouse with the lace peeking out. I always love reading what you write.... always lifts me up even when the news is not the best... you have such a way of expressing your thoughts that sees the positive.

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will be listening for you!!! I love you Lynne! Prayers for you and yours.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful post to read tonight as I try to catch up from my days away.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful post. I feel the sane way about my little blog. I always refer to it as a retreat. A place for me to find and give beauty and peace. I do not know how I have not known about your blog in all these years. So glad I stumbled upon you this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The poignant beauty of this post … brought me to tears. I couldn't agree more … with all of it. And especially the encouragement in trying times … as we all have them at one time or another.

    I send you much love and gratitude my dear. You are never redundant.

    xoxo
    Tamera

    ReplyDelete