Monday, September 28, 2015

b a c k h o m e o n t h e b l o g s p o t . . .

h e l l o L o v e l i e s !


ahhhhhhhh.

exhale . . .

. . . back on a MONDAY on 34th street.

i am way behind on my visits, but so ready to get into the blog world groove again.



my new mug is coffee rich!
(it's officially sweater weather!)

the FAB mug was a gift from my still beautiful both inside and out  friend,

Nancy P., formerly Nancy A.

check out the iconic image of the Fab Four fishing out of their room

at The Edgewater in 1966.
( the Pioneer Woman posted about her stay in The Beatles room here. )

Nancy saw it in the gift shop. it triggered her memory of me meeting The Beatles.
( very briefly, mind you. )

the reunion was a success. many reconnected. many shared their visions and

possible volunteer capabilities for the 50th.
( i hope it wasn't the wine talking.)

for myself?

in the 9th hour i said yes to the helm, with some coaxing.

 my friend Gail was a Godsend, and two other classmates Marilyn and Rosanne

helped get the invites out! the first venue fell through, so we needed to move fast.

we kept it simple and made it happen.

( folks have full lives of work, travel, tending to the needs of aging parents

and time held basking in the joy of grandparenthood. )
( my favorite use of time! : )

although the reunion was considered a success for most, i do not consider my time

pulling it together a success.  though unintentional, there were harmed feelings.

i will hold on to those i reconnected with. i can only hope and pray that time

will heal those who were hurt.


* * *


autumn on 34th street will be rich in the celebration of life.

first we will gather for a remembrance and then we will gather to greet!

we have FOUR babies (within our precious community of family and friends ) due in November

two of the momma's ( one being my Chrislyn) are going "old school",

waiting for a delivery day reveal.

i am off to the clinic!

back on schedule, with the fullest four months left in the dust behind me!

thank you for your support, during the five weeks of my mother's illness, and

most recently with the loss of our dear friend Bill.

we are a community blessed . . .

 . . . withLove!



8 comments:

  1. Lynne, I hope you have good memories of this summer , even though you have gone thru some trials. I do hope your mom is better. Relax when you can. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynne. it sounds like you had a good time at the reunion! I hope that the people who had feelings hurt realize that it was not intentional. It sounds like you are going to have a wonderful Fall and that is what it is all about!

    Have a beautiful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are indeed a community blessed, dear L. With the wedding approaching, visits are at turtle speeds these days, bu blogging friends are always on my mind. <3
    Hope your mom's feeling better, and I'm so sorry for your loss.
    Thank you for your visit. Relating to Ethel more each day. :)
    Here's to easy breezes for that busy stork.
    Marcia
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, a Beatles mug, I love it! I used to love listening to the Beatles......still do. : ) So glad to hear you had a great time at your class reunion. Hurt feelings are bound to happen when planning an event like this. The main thing is you all got together and saw some of your dear friends from the past. That sounds like a success to me.

    love, ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello lovely Lynne, congratulations to Chrislyn, how very exciting! So sorry to hear about your friend. I hope the issue regarding hurt feeling will mend soon. Love and big hugs from Ireland. Love Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you're back.

    How exciting to have a new baby - I dream of the day!

    I'm working on my 50th high school reunion in exactly 1 year. I'm in charge of decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome Back!! It sounds like you had a wonderful time!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Lynne!

    I'm glad you enjoyed your reunion but I'm sorry to read that feelings were hurt - even though it was unintentional. Sometimes I think that says more about the other person and things they perhaps need to deal with. Whilst that still requires a sensitive approach, I just hope you're not being hard too hard on yourself. Wishing you a wonderful Fall!

    Esther xx

    ReplyDelete