Monday, November 9, 2015

j u s t o n e p i c . . .

h e l l o L o v e l i e s !


:: the lyric prints can be found many sizes at Stephanie Lynn's shop here. ::



the room is young.

 a playful stage for Taylor's song.  it's lyrics and tune, first heard on my

 commuter Corolla radio, have played again and again in my mind. 

simple . . . not profound.

starts out "mid~night"!

 . . . no head~lights.

upbeat.

  cute.

  fun.

(do i sound like i'm on American Bandstand?)

in traffic it transports you to forever young girl . . . kind of song.


i am at the age where i have to work hard to remember the lyrics to a new song, 

yet i can recite an entire Beatles repertoire from 1966.


wouldn't this bedroom be SWEET for a newlywed couple?
( i am totally taken by the perfectly improvised, bedside chairs tables. )


the reference to James Dean, reminds me how i resisted giving Mr D my 

phone number because portrayed kind of a bad-"ish" boy, smart alec,

 ( we didn't say "ass" back then), persona.

~ i was wearing red lipstick the night i met Mr D. ~

i stopped wearing it a few years back.

 i miss it's place on my little vanity shelf.

i am forever grateful that he did not give up on his pursuit of my phone number.

the lyric prints could be quite appropriate, smaller in size, in the en suite bathroom.
 (this might be a fun project to take on, as i am practicing "brush calligraphy".)

i love the entire refrain.

"you got that James Dean daydream look in your eye . . . and i got that 
red lip classic thing that you like . . . and when we go crashing down, 
we come back every time, 'cause we never go out of style . . . we never go out of style."
 

shall i forgo those drive thru holiday peppermint lattes in leu of a new red lipstick,

 and plant that kiss of youth back in it's place on my vanity shelf  and me?

why . . . YES, my Lovelies!

i wish you a forever young girl journey kind of week.!

you never go out of style!

withLove!


~ my random "just one pic" series features an image that moves me the very
 second i lay my eyes on it!  an image that sets my sails for the day 
and moves me to create or motivate.  ~

14 comments:

  1. I love this room and the lyric wall art! What a wonderful way to remember words/songs etc that are special to you.

    I hope that you have a fabulous week

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea - such a great way to keep memories alive. Gorgeous bedroom...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some times I miss my red lipped days. I miss turning the head of a cute bad boy. LOL. But I have those sweet memories. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could never get away with red lipstick.
    But I did have a few pairs of Red heals.
    Oh the sweet memories. Remember the days we gave the wrong phone # out. Ha
    Happy memories for you and Mr d.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could never get away with red lipstick.
    But I did have a few pairs of Red heals.
    Oh the sweet memories. Remember the days we gave the wrong phone # out. Ha
    Happy memories for you and Mr d.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bedroom is very sweet… love red lipstick, I wear it often… go ahead Lynne, I'm sure it'll look great on you! Happy Monday…
    Ciao bella!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet post. Love the bedroom but I have never worn red lipstick...too light skinned and too blond for it to look good on me---although I know that I could go for a "bombshell" look....lol..years ago that is! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lynne,
    Such a delightful, whimsical, romantic post! Just love your style of bringing together one photo with your prose to paint an entire scenario in my mind. Red lipstick... never wore it, but my mom did in her younger years. I bet you look fantastic with red lipstick.

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lynne,
    Such a delightful, whimsical, romantic post! Just love your style of bringing together one photo with your prose to paint an entire scenario in my mind. Red lipstick... never wore it, but my mom did in her younger years. I bet you look fantastic with red lipstick.

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lynne, Love the bedroom and that chandelier is to die for! Red lipstick will always be a classic and will be just the thing you need to wear for the holidays! I can see you drinking a peppermint latte with red lipstick on, just beautiful!!
    Hugs,
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Lynne, I miss wearing red lipstick too. I stopped wearing it, like you, a few years ago. I can totally see why you choose your "just one pic" pictures to share with us. I see something in them every time. Yes, maybe you can get a new red lipstick someday instead of a peppermint latte. ; ) I love your post today, Lynne. I guess we're both into red lately.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lynne, what a gorgeous bedroom and I love how you told a story to go alongside it! I've always wanted to be able to rock red lipstick but I've never quite found the right shade - plus I always end up chewing it off. I've had an unintentional blogging hiatus - reading and writing - while I completed some studies, so it's lovely to return to a post as beautiful as this. Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lynne this is so wonderful, so heartwarming, I love it!! I do wear red lipstick when I need a lift and don't want to put on a lot of other makeup!!

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena
    Artist Sandra Goroff

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Lynne! YES......this would be perfect for a young couple BUT I think we all could use a little youth interjected in our lives. You really need to work at remembering those feelings (and lyrics to songs;) It's important to keep trying though and it's all about frame of mind moving forward;)

    ReplyDelete