for last weekend's couples wedding shower,
Chrislyn and i baked "signature" cupcakes for the bride and groom.
if you read my blog last week you know that i planned to make Aimee's
i tried converting grams to cups, then i thought...
"hey, Lynne...get out your trusty little scale!"
so i baked in grams all the way. for those of you that are seasoned
metric cooks, you must be laughing at me a bit right now...especially
"les filles internationaux". i must admit i loved it! i felt quite proud of myself.
there is a whole new world of recipes out there for me, and my "échelles métriques" to conquer!
since this was my first attempt at this recipe, i was a bit nervous as the
cakes were baking. i turned on the oven light and said a few kitchen prayers
as i placed them in the oven. i visited the illuminated cakes as they were baking,
and said another prayer or two or three...
twenty - two minutes later...voila!
parfait!
( just the way Aimee said they were supposed to look!)
exhale!
my lovely, and yummy tribute to Anna, ready to go!
***
Chrislyn's tribute to TY was
beer and peanuts!
she made Guinness Stout chocolate cupcakes with a peanut butter frosting.
(move over Reese's peanut butter cups!)
still being the proud mom that i am, i brought one home and
"put it on a pedestal" for a quick little "shot, to share" with you!
withLove!


Well, yummy, is about all I can say. Slobbering on my shirt front:):) Who would not want a tasty cupcake? Blessings, xoxo,Susie
ReplyDeleteLynne, your cupcakes look great… good job getting the scale out, makes measuring things so much more accurate, you may never go back to using a measuring cup… St Germain…LOVE it. Chrislyn's cupcake looks great too. How fun to make cupcakes for the bride and groom ! Enjoy your week…
ReplyDeleteXOXO Mary
You cupcakes look so good Lynne. I can easily eat the frosting right off ;) AND those stout and peanut butter cup cupcakes look incredible too!
ReplyDeleteLovely blog. I have enjoyed reading your beautiful posts. You did a great job with the his and her shower. Lots of inspiration.
ReplyDeleteHow perfectly awesome!! That Guiness one really interested me! There was a cupcake shop in Katy called Ooh-La--La and they had the best Guiness cupcakes! I never thought about making them myself but perhaps I will give it a try sometime! Beautiful post and such wonderful cupcakes!!
ReplyDeleteLynne, you are awesome! Of course, you would cook using metrics. Both your cupcakes and your daughter's cupcakes look so yummy. I am wishing for one now.
ReplyDeleteJudith
Oh wow, those cakes look and sound wonderful, wish I could bite into them. You are a clever girl there will be no stopping you now! Many thanks for your lovely comments I will remember now to take the camera to the shop. Have a lovely day, with big hugs, Linda xx
ReplyDeleteI love how you celebrate every day life dearest Lynne; you are French to the core. Anita
ReplyDeleteWhat a fabulous idea … so beautifully executed! Well done indeed!
ReplyDeletexoxo
Tamera
Everything looks scrumptious, Lynne, especially the way you are savoring the moments. That is life to me, a series of moments, and I have long made up my mind to enjoy every morsel.
ReplyDeleteI'll take one of each cupcake, please. ;)
xoxo's
PS- Love your profile pic.
Your cupcakes looks delicious, Lynne. Oh my, those chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting that Chrislyn made - I want one! Chocolate and peanut butter, two of my favorite things. Isn't it nice when our baking turns out for us? Jess is the baker in the family. I will have to tell her about these.
ReplyDeletelove,
~Sheri