h e l l o L o v e l i e s .
this post is quite a departure from my usual carte du jour.
( the images are not mine. i have placed a link to all at the end of today's post. )
( the images are not mine. i have placed a link to all at the end of today's post. )
the first time i visited France, i was seventeen. Charles de Gaulle had just left office.
( he passed the following year.)
i stood curbside, on the Champs Elysee and watched the Bastille Day Parade.
i remember thinking . . .
. . . this city has not forgotten WWII.
i can't even imagine going about my daily life amidst war.
it is told that general von Choltitz defied Hitler's order to destroy Paris because he loved this city.
if true . . . thank goodness.
Madame FearNot . . . you go girl!
the past (1944) placed upon present (2014).
the city of light and love,
protected by
all who loved her.
citizens . . .
soldiers . . .
victors . . .
















I was on a cruise on the Seine, when the guide talked of the German General ordered to blow up the bridges, but he would not. Not a word was said about the Americans. I was shocked and said to my daughters, "and they would all be speaking German if not for our troops". They were the greatest generation.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos - I don't know how you did it.
ReplyDeleteLove this. xo Laura
ReplyDeleteLynne, I absolutely love this post. I would love to be in Paris today. Thanks to your photos, I did visit. Blessings for a fabulous weekend. xoxo,Susie
ReplyDeleteFirst of all, I'm so happy to see your pretty face!!
ReplyDeleteThis is amazing. Have you considered submitting it for publication to a magazine. It's really stunning how you did this. You're so talented my friend!
Happy Weekend!
xx~Jennifer
OMGosh! These are NOT my images! I feel terrible. The link is at the end of the post! I AM SO SORRY IF I MISLEAD ANYONE! The photos spoke to me and inspired my words! w/ L
ReplyDeleteWhat a GREAT post! I have learned to put the word image under each picture with the link to it-because I have confused people in the past, too. Your photos or not---it is a great post!
ReplyDeleteIf you get a chance pop by and see my little announcement today! xo Diana
Lynne,
ReplyDeleteA wonderful post for Memorial Day weekend.... You memories interspersed with the old photos juxtapositioned with new photos is truly a wonderful combination. I love it!
Judith