Monday, April 15, 2013

random cafe' Monday! some silly...and some sweet, with a soft ending.

:: ici ::

i don't think the Dalai Lama meant
Hobby Lobby...  but just for the record...i went!
now i know what all of you are talking about!



i hope you all had a great weekend!

Mr D had to work all weekend, so i cleaned, cooked and baked!


  i like the clear-white Post-It filing tabs to mark my favorite recipes.

they come in a package of two. they are housed in cute little flat mini

pop up holders! perfect to tuck in the "what not" drawer,

(as my Grandma used to call it), and my handbag!


i made a batch of ina's pecan sandies. (i am a huge shortbread fan.)

i had this recipe bookmarked to try for awhile. i liked the idea of

toasting and processing the pecans into the flour. the turbinado sugar

added additional crunch!  i'll be honest...the next time i make these, i am

either going either drizzle chocolate on top, or dip the bottoms in chocolate and

allow them to set up on wax paper.  the little sandies were

 screaming for chocolate when they hit my palate!

i took some over to share with Mom and Dad on Sunday!



have you tried AmLactin?

i am LOVING this product! 


read more about it here!

i use the blue label at night. i mix it with a fragrant body lotion.
 if you don't know ceremides...they can have a faint odor...i mean faint!
the green and purple labels are pretty much fragrance free!

it's time to hit the shower!

{withsillysweetsoftLove}


8 comments:

  1. I should go too! I think we have one here in the Twin Cities, so I shall make a trek! I like this idea!

    Happy Monday sweet one! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I know a person who had not been to Hobby Lobby before!! I hope you enjoyed your visit! Your pecan sandies look delicious! I ate SO much over the weekend I am not officially watching my diet - and Louis Dean's!

    I love the word 'Whatnot!' I used to say it a lot because you know I have a TON of whatnots!! My Granny taught me that word!
    "Informal unspecified assorted material" is the definition I found and I think it's a pretty good one!
    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, those cookies looks good...I love buttery shortbread and you're right, they would go up a notch with chocolate. I always seem to have a problem rolling out shortbread, either too dry or buttery. Any problems with this recipe?

    I checked out the site for the body lotion, I sure could use a miracle! It looks interesting, thanks for the heads up!

    Have a great week!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cookies look great. I like your idea of adding chocolate, good one. Happy Monday, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm...pecan sandies. They look so yummy!

    I love the Dalai Lama quote. Even if it is just Hobby Lobby, that's good enough for me! :) Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, you're just now discovering Hobby Lobby?! I was just there today myself! It is a great store isn't it? Can't beat the prices and selection. I love shortbread cookies too. Yours look good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok..i'm right there with you. i've never been to hobby lobby. i'm from new england and i don't think we have them there..now i live in paris and you can bet there isn't one here either! i was lucky to find a craft section at the BHV here! and i LOVE that first pic. i recently pinned it! :) have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Martin is in eternal bliss, I know it. Thank you dearest one for coming to visit my post. Anita

    ReplyDelete