Friday, August 9, 2013

French bread on Friday...the black cupboard make over!

happy Friday everyone!

 i am nearly finished with the black cupboard makeover!

the cupboard was a Craig's List find about two years ago.

 it was due time to add some needed pizazz to what has appeared

to be a big black hole between the living room and dining room.

i kept the transition simple and on the cheap!

here are my inspiration photos...


i am not sure where i found this image, if it is yours, do tell!   

and...


this image taken by Susan Hawthorne on her recent trip to 

France.  if you are seeking francophile inspiration visit her here.

the cupboard needs a bit more tweaking... so far it has

taken on a fun and bold transition...


here's before!  (lot's of clutter)


and now!

 i am still in the process of sorting linens, but i am really loving

the concept of decluttering this place!


i ordered the "Tracey Beachcomber" fabric on line.

 it arrived BIGGER and BOLDER than i expected. 

i was a bit disappointed, but it's growing on me!

i apologize about the quality of my photos, i shot the images early 

yesterday morning, and this morning before work. 

the project took on a whimsical, modern interpretation of the inspiration

 images above.  at night the flameless candle gives a soft glow to reveal  

C A F É  on the windowpanes. 

hmmm...

now, i am contemplating new knobs!

i'm off to the office!

happy weekend!

withLove!

6 comments:

  1. I love the new order in the black cabinet...but not the fabric...nothing "Frenchy" about it, to me. I know we all have our own taste. It would work as pillows. That photo you began with..oh my, I'd love a huge picture of it hanging, so I could pretend I was actually looking out a window at that view. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susie...I appreciate your honesty.
    I wasn't going to publish anything until I was completely finished...but I decided to roll with it. This weekend, I plan to gather the fabric to see if it softens the appearance. If not, I have plan C!
    You are a great blog friend!
    ~Lynne
    w/L

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you change the letters...I think it would be cool with TUST, Love...? I like the fabric, but not sure if it goes with the woodland/French thing you got going on. I say now that you have it organized NO fabric. Of course this comes from a cookware/entertaining-ware junkie...I like to look at it! Agree, the fabric would make for nice spring/summer pillows or maybe to inspire a bathroom makeover (skirting for the bathroom closet perhaps).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Chrislyn...You are "spot on"! I plan to change the letters often!
    LOVE, REVE, NOEL... And YES, the fabric could make a wonderful skirt in the bath! Thanks for the "critique" and your thoughts!
    ~MOM
    w/L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow- You are right- that fabric is bold...but black is a bold statement and can handle it. You know-sometimes we need to stretch outside of something we would usually use just for the experience of it. I think it might grow on me, too. xo Diana ps. Have a great weekend-

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it all, Lynne, especially the letters spelling CAFE. Say the word and my heart skips a beat. I would only change the fabric, maybe to a sheer, barely there lace, more typical of a French cafe curtain and it would look gorgeous against the black.
    Enjoy playing dress-up with your cupboard. I could for hours with my hutch.
    xoxo's

    ReplyDelete