Saturday, January 4, 2014

baby steps, when i wanted clean and mean...and closing Christmas!


i had it in me...to hit the new year like a linebacker!

Bobby Wagner, Seattle Seahawks rookie linebacker

clean

and

mean!


instead,  a set back by a little virus that could.


:: ici ::

 i did make it in to work.

the Doc's schedules were reduced a bit for the holidays, 

which allowed for shorter, low census days.

after work, i came home and crashed.

with all of the cold "meds" that i have been loaded up on,

i feel like i have been living in a fog!

oh! 

look!


have been living in a fog!

***

the night before last, i just couldn't put another piece of 

Kleenex up to my nose. before bed, i downed my Nyquil shot,

and went to the clean rag bag and grabbed a soft old

tattered flour sack dish towel.

... sort of like a "hankie-blankie"!

i know...not a pretty sight or thought, but somehow, it just felt better.

finally, a good sleep!   

i have been popping in to your blogs to see how you are doing.

it has appeared that the season has taken it's toll on some

of you as well!

some of you are transitioning into 2014 with a style and grace that

i am envying at this moment.  Bravo! 

***
our Christmas Season was wonderful...


 ...one of the best - blessed yet!


we had our whole family together more than once. 

my Mom and Dad are both doing well! 


the "Grands" always bring us joy!

Holland's speech and vivacious personality at times is comedy

 relief at it's greatest!

Ben's first steps, have set stride into "toddlerdom", and new freedom.

that old song, "Counting My Blessings",  played in my heart,


all season long.  


we are invited to a very fun party today.

a year end fish fry and Russian Orthodox Christmas celebration.

it's a sweet remembrance of our close friend Steve's mother's heritage.

  i am to bring the coleslaw.

oh...no.

     i just looked over to Mr D.  

i am sad.

while writing this post,

it has come to my realization that we won't be able to

attend this year's Russian Christmas.

that damn (so sorry) darn bug has now latched onto Mr D!

( it even grabbed Jay before he headed back to Boise. )

i called Alice to relay our regrets...she was

so kind and understanding.

i'm sorry Steve and Al, i just don't want to pass this crud on to

another living soul!

withLove!

9 comments:

  1. I feel your pain. I've had that bug for 4 weeks!! X-ray last night to check for lung infection. This is a nasty long bug, so stay warm. I hope you feel better soon. Frankly the worst part is when my husband says he's starting to feel sick :-O!! Happy New a Year. Your Grandkids are so adorable!'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling Lynne, I wish you speedy health, NOW! I don't know where you are at, but here in Minneapolis, we will be having-50 degrees on Monday, so the back-to-school plan has been cancelled one day!

    Oh how wonderful you all look from grandparents, parents, grandkids and kids. LOVE TO YOU ALL! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry that you had to deal with sickness in the New Year. I hope that it passes from Mr.D quickly. What wonderful family photos, Lynne. God bless you AND your family in the New Year. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. You poor thing! I am ashamed to say however you brought a few smiles (hankie blankie for one) and it's lovely to see everyone smiling (nothing like loved ones around you at this time of the year, right?).
    Be good to yourself and there is always next year for the Russian Orthodox Christmas!
    All the best,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bless your heart!!! I don't see how you do all you do! We got sick last Thursday - the day after Christmas. Still sick but improving, Your pictures are all so joyful!!! I smiled over every single on eof them! Sorry you are missing your party but you do NOT want a relapse. I hope you have a guest room. Not good to keep 'sharing'.....
    I have a selection of vintage hankies and I keep one in my purse all the time. I have had several people comment when they see me pull out a pretty floral hankie! I will be on the look out for a special one just for YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry that you have that bug..I am hearing reports of it all over, even down in the Portland area before we headed back up here. Our elderly neighbor just told me this evening that she has come down with it...Love your idea for the large blanket hankie! Hope you feel back to yourself soon.
    Enjoyed seeing the photos of your family. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Feel better, Lynne! The same bug has caught up to me on the East coast....thank goodness for weekends! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. feel better soon + loved the photos. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww Lynne, I hope you & Mr. D feel better soon! Maybe a little chicken soup will help....

    ReplyDelete