Sunday, January 5, 2014

give me winter white!

hellooooo!

 i'm back!

i'm cleaning!

i'm cooking!

...still not a 100%

 ...rambling!


...catching up with January!

...bringing back some of my favorite things!


...loving the thought of Winter whites, and

a transition from evergreen...to green fresh. 

{the image above is from Nancy Fishelson - here}

***


Christmas has moved to a staging area in the family room.

there is some cleaning, ironing, gluing, sorting and purging to 

do. my goal is to take our decor from 6 boxes to 4!  i plan to 

pack and store it differently this year.  it has become more 

difficult for me to "crawl" into the 4 foot high crawl space 

under the house to retrieve the boxes. i do pride myself at my 

agility, but it's time to use some common sense.

Yvonne at StoneGable has a great post about  organizing Christmas - here.


 the dining room and farm table are neat and tidy,

styled simply with pretty pieces of cream and white.


the kids gave me some beautiful serving pieces for 

Christmas! three of the pieces that i received are

pictured here. a pretty soup tureen, an

 amazing extra large platter, and a carving board,

with a "well" to catch the juices, beneath the large 

platter. the pieces are perfect with the vintage 

ironstone that i have acquired through the years.

(Chrislyn clued Jay in about the platter

when she saw me drag out an old blue hand me down at 

Thanksgiving.) she did a wonderful job choosing the tureen. 

it looks like it could be an antique, although it is 

truly shiny and new. the new pieces are are soft and organic. 

they have a handcrafted appearance and "feel".

 i also received six fun lion head bowls for French 

onion soup, seafood chowders, and hearty side dishes.

Jay kept his Le Creuset tradition on going with

a pretty covered oval red stoneware roaster. i know that i 

will be baking something yummy in it to share before long.


with all the moving and grooving before Christmas,

the French roll top landed in the corner of the dining room.

i need to pull it away from the wall a bit.

the rearranging and reorganizing had to come to a 

halt once the tree arrived and Christmas came out to play.

i still have some unpacking to do from the carpet installation 

...and a white paint project 

that i ran out of light, time and energy to share. 


the red transfer ware has been replaced with

French cream mugs and my wedding stoneware,

Denby "Gypsy" teacups.  could this be my


my little interpretation of the color of the year?

are you ready for Radiant Orchid? 

withLove!

12 comments:

  1. Lynne!!!! I have a French roll top desk very much like this one, and it is sitting in the corner of my kitchen like you have it in your dining room! I've had it for many years and it belonged to my mom. The soup tureen is so pretty, and I love the gypsy teacups, as I am a bit of a gypsy myself hahaha.
    Welcome January, and it's great that you're starting to organize a bit. It always gives us a fresh start when we organize.

    Happy Monday.

    Love,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynne, I like the platter and soup tureen! What a nice gift and your creamy mugs look so pretty on the French bottle drying rack. Good for you for editing your holiday stuff ~ we all accumulate so much over time. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How I love these calm whites and tinges of red my dear! Enjoy the comfort of home, as I am today for one final day of holiday vacation. LOVE! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. so you are organizing all your stuff + better woman than I am. Love Jan. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynne, It sounds and looks like you got some wonderful gifts. Organizing and a little purging has been going on around here too… Glad you are feeling better. Enjoy your day!
    XOMary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you for organizing. I am still feeling a bit under the weather and my get up and go seems to have gotten up and gone. The Christmas is down and out, though. Beautiful images. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all your white!! So very pretty. I haven't been doing any organizing yet this year, and it's way past time. So inspiring to see your place.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so happy you are feeling better! I love your Christmas goodies!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy to hear that you are feeling a little better! Getting sick the first week of the year is always hard. I am having a hard time dragging myself into the new year. I miss Christmas!

    I love all of your Christmas gifts and your wonderful family photos! How nice to spend the holiday with your entire family. We spent the holidays with my husbands family and although it was wonderful I found myself pining for my own parents.

    I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete