Thursday, October 27, 2011

one year! gather...give...glassybaby!

it began with...

...a phone call!

"Mom...i'm so excited. Jason is taking me to
Lake Forest Park to meet The Pioneer Woman!"

(i had not yet heard of  the PW)

" have your heard of her?"

( wow, was i behind the times!)

"she has a blog, and she has written the most amazing cookbook!"

(blog...i keep hearing BLOG)

Chrislyn and PW at the Lake Forest Park bookstore 2010.
the joyous meeting! sheer fun! Rhee loved Chrislyn's handwoven scarf!

soooo...


i decided to visit
The Pioneer Woman
and was set on the path to
my first post!
(pioneer...path...how appropriate!)


my first post
October 27, 2010


did you notice my first follower?




~ Sweet Jami, here ~

are you ready? let's celebrate!


TODAY is a  special day for dreams. 
glassybaby "dream"
how appropriate that "glassybaby dream"
is my blank canvas.
 it's today's gift to my sweet friend Jami 
for officially welcoming me to the world of blogging,
 based on a blank canvas!
if you know Jami, this little baby will look perfect
at her place!
thank you, sweet!

~*~

 
there's more and 
it's easy!


if you would like to win a glassybaby

just visit



1. pick your color....comeback and state it in your comment.

2.  i will be giving a glassybaby away on the 27th
of the month for one year. 
this means that
 i will announce the first winner in a post on
 November 27th, at which time, the give a way
will start all over again!

the greatest thing about this give a way is that the ultimate gift is good will!
you can read about it at the glassybaby website!

also, i need to state that glassybaby is not a sponsor. 
i happen to love the story and the magic that makes their product.
it's handmade here in the PacNWest and supports
a shared philosophy...
the heart that gives...GATHERS!

[withLove]

12 comments:

  1. Hi Lynne!
    I am so thrilled that you began your blogging journey and that I was fortunate enough to have found you! Even though you are far away, I consider you my friend and always look forward to your posts!
    I hopped over to glassbaby and love their mission statement. I am in awe of how much they are able to give to charities and you for giving as well!
    I love "aquamarine" and "arthur" so either one would be wonderful if I am drawn as the winner!
    Have a blessed day!
    hugs from here
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello lovely Lynne, Congratulations on having been a Blogger for a year, how exciting! I too feel really blessed to have found such a kind, crative, funny and generous person, and to be inspired by your beautiful blog. So glad you fell into blogging, so glad I did!

    If 'foreign bodies' are allowed to participate in your lovely giveaway, please enter my name. I think I will have to choose 'Whiskey', but they are all beautiful. I checked out the Glassybaby website too, it is very impressive, and such a company can only prosper.

    I will have a little drink with my dinner this evening and raise a toast to you, on your 1st birthday! With all my love, Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.s. if it's too expensive to post, I quite understand, and won't mind at all. Love Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love glassybaby and the colours are like delicious candy! So hard to choose a favourite but the aquamarine is awfully purdy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh. my. I love glassybaby too. I learned of them a few months ago (from your blog, I think). I have them jotted down as gifts for my two sister-in-laws. The story is inspiring and so are you, my sweet friend. I'm honored to be your first follower and friend. You have such a giving heart and if I would have chosen any glassybaby myself, "dream" would have been the one. The faded color is my favorite and "dream" is my life word. Of course, I will tell you that you don't need to give me anything at all (your friendship is enough) but I know you will and my heart is overflowing with gratitude. I will display it happily as a reminder of your sweetness. You are always there to encourage me, my blog & my shop. I've enjoyed watching your journeys as you makeover your home, became a new grandma, share the sweetest shops...and we can't forget the journeys of the chandie either! Thank you so much and congratulations on your 1-year anniversary! Wishing you nothing but "dreams" come true for the second.

    xo,
    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats, on your one year!!! I can't wait to see more fabulousness!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the true white one and the fact they give 10% to the cancer care alliance for that one too! I LOVE their shop! Thanks so much for sharing it with us~ AND Jami has been there from the beginning with me too..i LOVE her and her kind spirit and she is so talented!! oxoxo Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, congrats Jami!! You were great to me too when I was starting out...and still!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGOsh-It is so hard to pick. I think I like the softly beautiful Debra...but the the Aquamarine just kind of jumps out at me too! I hate to sound stupid (too late, I know) but is it a glass, candleholder, vase? Any or all 3? Whatever it is-it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello,
    I visited your blog today. Your blog is so pretty and charming. I have seen the glassybaby on one of my friend's blogs. While I was scrolling down, I noticed your pink post...just loved it. Me and my daughters started a new blog, and we would love it if you could visit us and follow. I would enjoy coming back to visit with you. Your blog is filled with beauty, and you alot of creative ideas. I hope to hear from you, and have a sweet day.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great giveaway...so inspiring. I found your blog thru " A designer Obsessed w/....." and I am now a follower. I love the Arthur glassbaby. Thanks for your inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry I missed this one back in October, but I LOVE Glassybaby and it's so funny, but I also had a Glassybaby giveaway for my blog one year anniversary on September! I'm dying to go to to the sample sale...I think in February. Have you been?
    annie

    ReplyDelete