Friday, August 14, 2015

f r e n c h b r e a d o n F r i d a y !

b o n j o u r B e a u t i f u l s !

how are all of you, today?

 i hope well.
( so glad it's Friday . . . )


although the days are still hot, i can feel the turn to Autumn. the turn to a season

that i love.  today is Blue Friday once again.  #firstgameday  #gohawks


***


this is a post that has been dancing in my mind for a long time. it was meant for

last Friday, but with the events of mom's fall last week, i did not meet my deadline.

she is doing better, now recovering in a rehabilitation facility.


***





i discovered Sharon Santoni's blog in early February 2011,

i became totally captured by obsessed with her stories and images of 

the lifestyles of her French girlfriends. 

when Sharon announced that she had written a book featuring her french

girlfriends, i was elated.
{thank you for listening to your readers, Sharon.}


of course, i pre-ordered.





now home with me on 34, Sharon and her girlfriends continue to "muse" me.




Christelle's kitchen.

i caught a peek of Christelle's kitchen in October of 2011.

 it has been in my head for almost four years.

yes. i have dreamed about it.

now,  a full view!

the windows!

the natural light!
( it's as if she is cooking outdoors.)

i love it's perfection within it's imperfection.

you see, the budget here on 34 presently does not allow granite

counter tops and cabinet finery, as we have big plans for the preservation

of the outside of our home next summer.
( perhaps the idea of staged finery does not appeal to me at all. )

 i love this kitchen, and the others in this book.

 the style of French women bring contentment to me.


their lifestyle does not leave me yearning for things that i do not have.

i have a reclaimed affinity for pieces i may not have touched in years.




Clarisse.

 a natural beauty!
( i must not forget to compliment M. Franck Schmitt for his amazing photography.)

Clarisse and i have very similar hair. i spend time ironing mine. i love how

she lets her hair go soft. what a lovely frame for her pretty face.

  she owns a beautiful floral boutique, always a dream of mine.
( i once spoke of my dream here, by invitation from Anita Rivera.)




it was fun to see and feel little design connections page after page.

 Clarisse and i appear to embrace a similar affinity for color and style in our mix of modern

and traditional with pops of green.

  we both have a statement black cupboard in our living room.

cool. 
( apprécié )




Sharon, i adore your book. it is as if you wrote, styled and published it just for me.

revere
( révérer )


withLove.


:: My Stylish French Girlfriends can be found here ::

11 comments:

  1. Lynne, I think I used to follow that bog. The old home is adorable.The grounds and gardens. Glad you got your book. Also happy that your mother is in rehabilitation now. So scary for family. . Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will put this book on my Christmas wish list. In fact, I will begin a Pinterest wish list board right now and this will be my first item.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...what a stylish peak at this french beauty! I had not heard of her blog but will definitely check it out. With Italy and France on our horizon for July I'm feeling the European vibes! So glad to hear your mom is on the mend, Lynne. Have a wonderful late summer weekend!
    xx, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear your mom is doing well. I am going, now, to check out this book some more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been so bad about visiting but I want to thank your for your last visit-it cheered me up quite a bit...and I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I'm glad she's doing better. Hugs all around.

    I love Sharon and her blog. I followed for years and years and I simply don't know how I lost touch with her. I remember some of her friends you mentioned who are in the book. I will definitely check out Amazon and go back to Follow her blog. Thank you!

    Sending much love,

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear about your Mom, I'm happy to know she is doing better. Wow I remember this blog from some years ago, don't know how I lost touch but I shall definitely be checking out her book. Love her style.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lynne, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom .. I'm sending her wishes for a fast and full recovery.

    I've heard lots of buzz about Sharon's book and will check it out. Thanks for sharing a few glimpses:)
    Have a wonderful weekend! xxL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sad to hear about your Mom but glad to hear she is recovering. It's so upsetting when our parents have health issues. Sending hugs. I need to get this book. It looks lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bless your heart!! I am so sorry about your mom's fall and hope she - AND YOU - are recovering nicely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been consudering this book. Now you have sold me!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow wow wow, yes I to visit and read her postings not always commenting and yes aware of the book and pondering what it will be like....yes yes, I now need this book Lynne,

    I have to get in on all the musing that goes on between her and her friends.

    Xx
    Bisous



    Doré

    ReplyDelete